Thursday, September 1, 2011

Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux (1962-French)

I watched my first Jean-Luc Godard film, Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux(1962)otherwise known as My Life to Live, Another story of a young woman's descent into prostitution :o I seem to be watching a few of these lately! Anyway, he definitely has a distinctive style, but I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. I did like a couple of scenes, where our heroine Nana is in a theater watching The Passion of Joan of Arc, crying and another where she is discussing philosophy, I'm a sucker for scenes like that. I did really like what he did with the music. It's beginning to sound like I did like it, I really need to watch it again :D Maybe I'm just getting burned out on the prostitution theme :D

No comments:

Post a Comment