Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Summons by John Grisham(2002)

I've just finished The Summons by John Grisham. It's not one of his best, but still enjoyable. Ray Atlee is a law professor who receives a summons from his father, the Honorable Judge Reuben Atlee, who neither he or his brother Forrest are close to, to discuss his estate, as he is dying. Things get rolling when he arrives to find the father already dead, and finds something else totally unexpected at the house. Not as exciting as many other Grisham books, but it is a good mystery/character study and many twists to keep you hooked toward the end.

Next I'm going to try Animal Farm by George Orwell which I picked up from the library. I'm afraid it might be over my head, but it's quite short, so I thought I would give it a try. I read 1984 many years ago in high school.


Read more: http://goldensilents.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=books&thread=3945&page=37#ixzz1VJqkP36i

No comments:

Post a Comment